Patios are a great way to enjoy the outdoors without leaving the confines of your home. Since patios are constantly exposed to the elements, quick inspections every now and then can go a long way in keeping them in excellent shape.
Here are five things to keep in mind when doing a quick check of your patio:
1. Check for algae and molds. If you own a paver patio, you know how awful these dirty spots can be. Not only do they turn the floor to a faded color, but they also make it slippery and dangerous to walk on.
2. Watch out for weeds. They grow in the gaps between bricks or slabs when the joint material settles or runs off.
3. Keep an eye out for cracks. You should watch out for signs of crumbling whether your patio is made of concrete, stone, brick, or tile. You can lose your footing when you walk on cracked tiles or brick slabs.
4. Look out for loose slabs and bricks. These can typically be cemented down. However, if larger areas are affected, it’s best to have a professional repair them.
5. Check your patio cover. There is a great deal of sunshine here in the Southwest. Are your patio covers holding up? Good patio covers in Phoenix are a great investment as they provide shade from the sun and protection from light rain. They keep you cool and dry whenever you decide to stay out. So make sure they’re always in top shape.
We at Dreamstyle Remodeling are your premier home improvement experts in the Southwest United States. We’ve been around since 1989, and we’ve developed a wide selection of high-quality services over the years. We aim to make our customers’ homes more beautiful and comfortable.
For those of us who have been residing in the Southwest for years, we’re more or less used to sunshine. But intense heat can still make us uncomfortable and take the fun out of staying outdoors. This is why if you have a patio that’s in need of shade and cooling, we will custom-make you one in a style and size that are just right for your home. We specialize in installing sturdy, beautiful, and shade-producing deck covers, pergolas, and solid patio covers in Phoenix and surrounding areas.
Turn to Dreamstyle Remodeling for a patio that stays in tip-top shape every time you give it a check. Call us today for a no-obligation in-home consultation and let’s discuss the patio cover that’s right for you.