Does the current bathroom in your home look a little outdated? Is your tub or shower stained, moldy, or not functioning as it should? If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions, it may be time to consider remodeling your bathroom. However, before you decide to take on this task, you’ll need to go through a checklist to figure out exactly what you’re going to change and what will go into a remodeling project. Make sure to thoroughly go through the following checklist:
- Budget – It’s important to figure out what you’re willing to spend before you embark on your bathroom renovation journey. This will allow you to have a good idea of how much you can spend on each aspect of your remodel.
- Time – The extent of your bathroom remodel will determine how much time your bathroom will be under construction and unusable. If you’re not able to use your bathroom while it’s under construction, you’ll want to find another alternative in the meantime.
- Design – Make sure that you have an idea of how you want the overall design of your bathroom to look. Do you want it to have a modern or vintage feel? This will help you select items that will fit into the overall design of your new bathroom.
- Fixtures & Features – Decide on what type of fixtures and features you want in your bathroom including whether you want a bathtub or a shower, a single sink or a double sink, and what type of showerhead and faucets you’d like.
- Storage & Shelving – Will a standard medicine cabinet be enough to store all your belongings? Or will you need additional cabinets installed to accommodate your needs?
- Floors – You’ll need to choose what type of flooring you want, and can afford, for your bathroom. Some common floor materials include marble, granite, vinyl, and ceramic tiles.
- Lighting – Lighting is another important factor to consider when remodeling your bathroom. It’s always a good idea to utilize as much natural light as you can, but you will also need to determine what kind of artificial lighting will work best for both your functional and aesthetic needs.
- Contractor – The most important part of this checklist is to find a contractor that you can trust with your bathroom remodeling project. You’ll need to do some research and make sure that the contractor you want to hire is reputable, can handle all of the work that is needed and has favorable reviews from their previous clients.
America’s #1 Remodeler – Dreamstyle Remodeling
When you are looking to remodel the bathroom in your home, there is no better company to call than Dreamstyle Remodeling. That’s because we not only use the highest-quality products available on the market, but we also have skilled designers and installers who will work tirelessly to ensure that you get products that look amazing and will operate perfectly. In fact, it’s this commitment to our customers that has allowed us to earn and maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
When you decide to work with us, we will come out to your home for a free, no-obligation consultation where we will listen to your goals and help you choose the perfect bathroom renovation options that will meet them all. And, if you only decide to upgrade the wet area of your bathroom such as getting a new bathtub or shower, we can typically perform the installation in just a day or two, minimizing the amount of time your bathroom will be under construction and allowing you to start enjoying your new product almost immediately.
To learn more about the bathroom remodeling options we have available, contact the professionals at Dreamstyle Remodeling today. We’d be happy to go over this bathroom remodeling checklist with you.