There’s no doubt that replacing the windows in your home is a major investment. But, it’s also a smart one. If you’re wondering if replacement windows can actually increase the value of you home, the answer is yes! In fact, it’s one of the home remodeling projects that offers the best return on investment. Why? Because your windows play many roles in your home so the effect of new windows is widespread.
4 Ways Replacement Windows Increase Home Value
Replacement windows can increase the value of your home in several ways:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Replacement windows are typically more much energy-efficient than older windows, which can help to reduce your heating and cooling costs. This can be a significant selling point for potential buyers who are looking for a home that is more energy efficient.
- Increased Curb Appeal: New windows can give your home a fresh, modern look that can attract buyers.
- Reduced Maintenance: New windows are often easier to clean and maintain than older windows, which can save time and money in the long run. This can be another selling point for potential buyers who are looking for a low-maintenance home.
- Improved Security: Replacement windows often come with features such as multiple locks, reinforced glass, and stronger frames, which can make your home more secure. Potential buyers who are concerned about the safety of their home will love that.
Because your new windows can help in all of these ways, they can increase the overall value of your home. According to the National Association of Realtors, homeowners can expect to recoup about 80% of the cost of new windows when they sell their home.
Other Things to Consider
While it’s almost a surety that new windows will boost your home’s value, there are a few more things to keep in mind before you pull the trigger. Consider:
- Window styles – Some window styles are more secure or more on-trend and can positively affect your home value.
- Window frame material – You have several window materials from which you can choose, and each brings its own set of pros and cons. Are you focused on a particular look, or do you want top-of-the-line durability? Your choice can make a big difference.
- The window installation company – Great windows that are installed poorly are no bargain. Make sure you choose a local company that has a strong reputation so you can be confident you’re getting your money’s worth.
- Warranties – How long are the windows warranties going to last? Are they transferrable? Keep a close eye on this.
- Energy efficiency add-ons – When you opt to have replacement windows installed, you’ll have the opportunity to upgrade your windows with energy-efficient options like double-paned glass and E-glass.
Make the Smart Move
If your home’s windows are showing signs of age such as chips, cracks, drafts, or condensation, it’s a sure bet that replacement windows will be a smart investment. With a little bit of research, you can optimize that investment and actually increase the value of your home.
If you have any questions about windows or home projects that can boost your home’s value, contact Dreamstyle Remodeling today.