Between spending time with family and cooking holiday meals, don’t forget to also take care of your home this season.
Here are a few tips so you can start the new year with a well-maintained home:
- Install a fan if you don’t have one already to prevent mold formation. It also helps to open the windows in the bathroom from time to time.
- Prevent your pipes from clogging by pouring about half a cup of baking soda on the drain, followed by about two cups of hot white vinegar to ensure that they’re clear of grease and hair clog. Let the mixture dissolve stains. Then you may pour boiling water on the drain to get rid of the clogs completely.
- Windows and Doors:
- Start by cleaning the windows. While cleaning, check for gaps and stains. To avoid scratching the panes, use a soft squeegee and mild soap solution.
- If your windows are old, call Dreamstyle Remodeling to get a FREE in-home consultation to get a down to the penny price to replace your windows.
- Assess your roof for loose or damaged shingles to prevent leaks.
- Clean out the gutters to ensure water can drain properly.
Make sure your home is ready for the coming year through proper maintenance and care.
To help with your home improvement projects, call Dreamstyle Remodeling at (877) 721-1590. We are more than happy to help with making your home safe and beautiful!