If you have a tub that’s outdated, stained, or you just simply don’t use, you may be considering replacing it with a new shower. However, before you undertake such an endeavor, the cost of such a project is likely a major concern. So, how much does it cost to replace a tub with a shower? Unfortunately, that simple question does not have a simple answer. That’s because there are so many factors that go into determining the price. To help you narrow down the cost of your project, ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of shower do I want?
- What materials do I want my shower to be made out of?
- Will it require a lot of labor to remove my current tub?
- Will my project require any sort of special plumbing work?
- What type of features or accessories do I want with my new shower?
Once you answer all of these questions, you’ll be able to get a better idea of how much your project will cost. However, those questions are not as straightforward as they sound. Let’s take a closer look at a couple of them.
What Type of Shower Do I Want?
The type of shower you want will play a large role in the overall cost of your shower. You’ll want to make sure that it meets all of your needs, both functional and stylistic. A few of the most common types of showers include:
- Standard showers – These types of showers are your basic showers that consist of a shower pan and a standard showerhead. They are usually accessed by just a shower curtain and can be equipped with a number of accessories to make your showering experience more enjoyable and convenient.
- Shower enclosures – Shower enclosures are becoming increasingly popular because they are truly beautiful shower options. A shower enclosure is a shower space that is encased in glass and usually accessed by a door, although some of them don’t have a door at all.
- Walk-in Showers – Walk-in showers provide a safer bathing solution for those who have difficulty stepping over a high threshold to access the shower. They are pretty much identical to standard showers expect that the threshold is very low.
- Roll-in showers – These showers are ideal for elderly or disabled homeowners. The shower floor is completely flat, which allows for a wheelchair to maneuver into the shower stall.
What Material Do I Want My Shower Made Out Of?
The material your bathroom is made out of is another factor that will determine its overall price. Each material has its own benefits, so make sure to choose one that’s right for you. Some of the most popular types of shower materials include:
- Acrylic – Acrylic showers are becoming more and more popular because they are attractive, durable, and cost-effective. They can usually be customized in a number of functional and aesthetic options and require very little maintenance.
- Fiberglass – These types of showers boast many of the same benefits as acrylic, however, they are not as durable. While they are a good option for the short term, they can wear down after a few years.
- Tile – This is another good shower option because tile is water-resistant and is available in a number of color and style options. However, the grout between the tiles can get dirty fairly easily and will have to be cleaned regularly.
Turn to Dreamstyle Remodeling When You Want to Replace Your Tub with a Shower
When you want to replace the tub in your home with a shower, turn to America’s #1 Remodeler, Dreamstyle Remodeling. We offer a number of stunning shower options that can be equipped with a variety of decorative elements, accessories, storage units, your choice of showerhead, and more to give you a shower system that’s just right for you. To learn more about the showers that we have to offer, contact Dreamstyle Remodeling today.