A roof replacement is no small project, and it involves an outstanding level of precision to complete properly. This is especially true for asphalt shingle roofs, as each shingle needs to be installed carefully for the finished product to function as designed. With that said, here’s what you need to know about how to install roof shingles:
1. It’s a Difficult Process
Installing roof shingles is no small DIY job. It involves plenty of steps to get done properly, including:
- Purchasing the right number of new shingles in the correct size
- Preparing the roof deck and making sure it is smooth and properly fastened
- Removing the old shingles and flashing from the roof
- Cleaning the roof
- Covering the joints and valleys with new underlayment and flashing
- Installing starter shingles as a preparatory course
- Nailing down the new shingles
- Installing the new hip and ridge caps
2. It Can Get Expensive
If you thought that installing roof shingles on your own would save you some money in the long run, you might want to think again. The materials alone can add up, but any mistakes that you make along the way can add up even more. Plus, a roof that hasn’t been professionally installed is more likely to require costly repairs before too long.
3. It’s Better Left To the Professionals
If you want the job done right, it’s better to partner with a trusted roofing company to install your new roof shingles. Thankfully, that’s where Dreamstyle Remodeling comes in. We offer some of the industry’s best asphalt shingle roofing, and our team of highly trained technicians can complete the installation with the utmost skill and precision for results that last for the long run. To learn more about how we install roof shingles, contact us today.