Join the Dreamstyle Remodeling Winner’s Circle
When you enter to win our $10,000 Dream Home Makeover, you’re one step closer to becoming a member of our Winner’s Circle! Join lucky families like The Gallegos & The Sandovals and bring your dream home to life – on us!
Enter for your chance to win a $10,000 Dream Home Makeover and other prizes!
- Grand Prize: $10,000 Dream Home Makeover
- 2nd Prize: $1,000 gift card to Dreamstyle Remodeling
- 3rd Prize: Two (2) tickets to an evening in a suite at Dreamstyle Arena during a University of New Mexico men’s basketball home game
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE OR INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRANTS DO NOT HAVE TO SUBMIT TO ANY IN-PERSON SALES PRESENTATION TO QUALIFY FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
POTENTIAL WIN MUST BE VERIFIED, PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY MUST BE CONFIRMED AND PARTICIPANT MUST BE NOTIFIED BEFORE BEING DECLARED A WINNER.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION.
1. Sponsor: The “Sponsor” of this Sweepstakes is Dreamstyle Remodeling, Inc. 1460 N Renaissance Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87107-7044. 505-881-3200. Sponsor will award one (1) Grand Prize during the prize period; with the Grand Prize winner being selected from all Eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules by Sponsor between 12:01 AM MST on November 25th, 2018 and 11:59 PM MST on November 24th, 2019. The Grand Prize winner will be determined from a random drawing of all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the period. The drawing shall be conducted on or about December 1st, 2019.
2. Entry Process, Deadline, Eligible Entries: To be an “Eligible Entry,” entrants must (a) be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the time of entering this promotion, (b) own their own home in one of the Designated Counties and (c) submit an entry form by one of the following methods: (1) Completing an entry form and returning it where designated, (2) Submitting an online entry at https://www.dreamstyleremodeling.com/sweepstakes/ , or (3) Printing the entrant’s name and the entrant’s complete home address on a 3” x 5” card, writing the words “Dreamstyle Home Makeover Sweepstakes” at the top, and mailing or otherwise causing the card to be delivered to Sponsor at 1460 Renaissance Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87107. All Entries must be physically received by Sponsor on or before the 11:59 PM MST on November 24th, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Deadline”). Entries received after the Sweepstakes Deadline will not be eligible for any prize. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Grand Prize is determined by the number of eligible entries received. Example, if 10,000 Eligible Entries are received, the odds of winning would be 1 in 10,000. Sponsor will randomly select the Grand Prize winner from all Eligible Entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, extend, or terminate this promotion without notice at any time. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled. No more than one (1) entry per household per prize period is allowed and prizes are limited to one (1) prize per household per prize period. If entrant owns more than one home in any Designated Counties, one entry may be submitted for each separate home. If two or more individuals are listed as title owners to the home, only one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. This promotion may be conducted in conjunction with other Sponsor promotions.
4. Notification Process: The Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail or by telephone within three (3) business days of the drawing in which the Grand Prize winner is selected. Sponsor shall make three (3) attempts to notify the Grand Prize winner in this manner within three (3) business days of the drawing. If the Grand Prize winner still has not been contacted and notified after these three (3) attempts, then Sponsor will send a fourth and final notification attempt via certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address of the Grand Prize winner indicated on the winning entry within fourteen (14) days of the drawing. If the Grand Prize winner does not contact Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of mailing of the certified letter, it will be deemed that the Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted and will thus result in disqualification of the Grand Prize winner, forfeiture of the Grand Prize, and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. The return of the certified mail prize notification as undeliverable will result in the Grand Prize winner’s disqualification, forfeiture of the prize, and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. An alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected within three (3) business days of a Grand Prize winner’s disqualification pursuant to the selection and notification process set out herein. Only a Grand Prize winner will receive notification a prize will be awarded. Upon contacting the Grand Prize winner, Sponsor shall notify the individual of his or her having been selected as the Grand Prize winner, and Sponsor shall set an appointment to meet the Grand Prize winner in person at the Grand Prize winner’s residence within fourteen (14) days of the date of contact. This meeting is the “Promotion Confirmation.”
5. Designated Counties: Promotion entrants must own their own home located in one of the following counties: Arizona: Yavapai, Coconino, Apache, Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz, Yuma. Colorado: Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Douglass, Jefferson. New Mexico: Sandoval, Valencia, Cibola, Socorro, Bernalillo, Torrance, Santa Fe, Rio Arriba, San Juan, McKinley, Taos, San Miguel, Los Alamos, Colfax, Guadalupe, Mora, Harding, Sierra, Dona Ana, Hidalgo, Grant, Luna, Curry, Roosevelt, Lea, De Baca, Quay, Chaves, Eddy, Lincoln, Otero, Union. California: San Diego County, Orange County, Los Angeles County. Idaho: Boise County.
6. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive products and services offered by Sponsor having a retail value of $10,000. Visit Sponsor’s webpage at https://www.dreamstyleremodeling.com/sweepstakes/ for a listing of products sold by Sponsor. The retail value of the Grand Prize is $10,000. The $10,000 includes the cost of labor, materials, permitting fees (if any) and Sponsor’s markups. Installation must be provided by Sponsor’s personnel or designee. Depending on the product(s) selected, Sponsor’s personnel or designee may be required to obtain one or more permit(s) prior to performing the installation. Any costs or expenses in excess of the stated maximum retail value shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all expenses not specifically provided herein. The address listed on each entry form must be an eligible address as provided for in Section 2 of these Official Rules and must be the address where any product will be installed or where any services are rendered. All dollars are expressed in U.S. currency. The Grand Prize winner’s home must be in suitable condition for installation (e.g., plumbing and electric in compliance with local building codes and regulations, no water, mold, or structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Sponsor or its designees at their sole discretion) must be performed at the Grand Prize winner’s expense prior to installation. The Grand Prize must be taken and received by the Grand Prize winner in products and services only for a single project. In the event the total Retail Value for the project is less than $10,000, such excess shall be deemed forfeited. Grand Prize winner will not receive nor otherwise be entitled to receive any cash payment for the difference between the Retail Value and the $10,000 Grand Prize amount.
7. Deadline for Accepting Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner must arrange for prize installation no later than one (1) month following the award of the Grand Prize, and installation must occur and be completed within six (6) months of confirmed notification. Installation of the Grand Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Sponsor’s standard installation guidelines. Acceptance of the Grand Prize may require entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law.
8. Tax Reporting for Grand Prize Winner: Sponsor is required to send a 1099-MISC form for all prizes awarded in excess of $600. Sponsor will issue a 1099-MISC form to Grand Prize winner and file the same with the Internal Revenue Service. Prior to receiving the Grand Prize, winner must provide Sponsor with his or her complete name, address, and social security number (SSN) or taxpayer identification number (TIN) on a signed form W-9 for reporting purposes. If the Grand Prize winner fails or otherwise refuses to provide a signed and completed form W-9, the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified. Prizes and awards such as the Grand Prize are taxed as ordinary income both at the federal and state level and are typically reported as “Other Income.” That means the prize value is added to the income received from a job and other sources during the year.
9. Grand Prize winner should consult an accountant or tax professional to determine any tax implications in accepting the Grand Prize. If the sweepstakes prize is worth more than $5,000, Sponsor may elect to withhold 25 percent of the prize value for payment of federal taxes and withhold state taxes as well. For Arizona, the withholding rate is 5%, Colorado = 4%, and New Mexico 6%. Grand Prize winner can elect to pay Sponsor in cash the federal tax and Sponsor will pay it to the IRS on Grand Prize winner’s behalf on the Form 945. Alternatively, winner can provide proof of payment of the tax(es) to Sponsor before Sponsor will complete the installation. Winner can avoid all taxes on the Grand Prize if winner refuses to accept it. Tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and state tax agency by Sponsor.
10. Additional Qualifications / Promotional Release: To qualify to receive the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner must comply with all Official Rules instructions and requirements, including, (1) completed form W-9; (2) payment of the applicable taxes; (3) completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return it to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of the date of the Promotion Confirmation, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and an alternative Grand Prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its affiliates to use the recipient’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without any additional compensation or payment, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
11. Transfers / Substitutions: No transfers, substitution in prizes, or cash will be allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole and absolute discretion. Upon awarding of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner assumes full ownership and responsibility for the Grand Prize. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to the Grand Prize is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
12. Release of Liability: By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this promotion in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of a prize.
13. Arbitration of Disputes: This promotion is governed by the laws of the State of New Mexico with venue in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States of America. By entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to this promotion, interpretation or these Rules and Regulations, any prize awarded, excess payments due, any taxes due, and including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). The Arbitration hearing will be held in the State of New Mexico with venue in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States of America. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own filing fees, case administration fees, arbitrator or neutral compensation, and attorney’s fees, expenses and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within 90 days after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding, and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
14. Winner’s List: For a prize winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following a prize period, including a request for the prize winners’ name(s), to “Dreamstyle Dream Home Sweepstakes” at 1460 Renaissance Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87107. To stop the mailing of future sweepstakes-related materials from Sponsor, please send a written request to 1460 Renaissance Blvd NE Albuquerque, NM 87107. This promotion is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning.
15. Notices: (a) This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Entry into the Sweepstakes, where lawful, constitutes permission to use name, voice, photograph or likeness of Prize winner(s) for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation. (b) Grand Prize Winner will be obligated to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and release, and where lawful, a publicity release within ten (10) days of notification by Sponsor. (c) By participating in this Sweepstakes, all participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that the decision of the Sponsor will be valid and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for late, stolen, lost, postage due, or misdirected mail, or incomplete or illegible entries. (d) Sponsor may change, edit, amend or alter these Rules and any terms of this Sweepstakes at any time and for any reason. (e) Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion and without prior notice to terminate, modify, suspend, delay, or extend the Sweepstakes.
16. Miscellaneous Provisions: Participants may be asked to provide proof of identity, US residency and/or age. Entrants will be required to acknowledge that they have read and agree to the Official Rules and Eligibility Requirements. If entrants do not comply, they cannot participate in the Sweepstakes and are not eligible to win.
Dream Home Sweepstakes (03-18-2019)