Will Remodeling Increase the Value of a Home in Phoenix?
As real estate prices rise, instead of investing in a new home, many Arizona residents are choosing to remodel their homes and stay put. At first blush, their argument may seem well-reasoned: Enjoy the benefits of their remodel then sell the home at the higher cost realized by the remodel. However, the reality is that, in terms of resale value, not all home improvements pay off as much we would like.
If you’re considering a remodel for your Phoenix home, keep in mind that your return on investment depends on:
- The current value of your home
- The value of homes in your immediate neighborhood
- How soon you sell your home after the remodel is completed
- The state of the Phoenix housing market at the time your home goes up for sale
- The quality of the remodeling project itself
Given these considerations, some remodeling projects just wouldn’t make the best financial sense. For example, you wouldn’t want to invest $30,000 for a major kitchen remodel if your home is the only one in the neighborhood with one bathroom.
While you should certainly manage your expectations regarding remodel cost vs. value, some home improvements have proven to be consistently good investments in housing markets across the nation. Projects that are always high on the list include bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, and window replacements.
Choose Dreamstyle Remodeling
Dreamstyle Remodeling offers Phoenix-area residents a range of high-level home improvements from certified, factory-trained technicians. Our services include:
- Cabinet refacing that will dramatically transform the look and feel of your kitchen and spare you the hassle of a complete remodel
- Tub and shower conversions that will make your bathrooms safer and more functional
- Window replacements with gorgeous energy-efficient options that will also lend your home timeless allure
Contact Dreamstyle Remodeling today to learn more about our remodeling services, and be sure to ask about the diverse financing options we offer to make your remodeling project more affordable.